Friday, June 14, 2013

Art Lately

I have actually been incredibly busy with art these past couple of weeks... just not my personal work! These are all commissions I've been fortunate enough to work on with some real classy ladies recently!

Brittany of Silas and Miri had me do a blog header featuring her cute kids!

 Kate of Life of Hurrah had me do a header that involved her dog, Waldo!

This one was for Allison of Sproutlet! So fun to draw cacti.

This one was so much fun. I did a series of portraits of some girlfriends who traveled across the US together!

Kelli is a talented musician who commissioned me to do a CD cover!

I was so flattered that Kristian asked me to do paintings of her and her fiancee to be used as cake toppers at her wedding!


Also, I made a bunch of wooden brooches (it was a learning process fo real) and I'm starting to list them in my etsy store! I will start taking custom orders if they sell!

I'm currently available for commissions for blog headers, shop headers, custom portraits, you name it! I'm going to have to up my prices soon (since they are kinda dirt cheap right now), so hit me up!
email: ohavalanche@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. Rachel, I can only say these are ah-mazing stuff
    you never fail to do wonders as you did on my blog header!
    EVERYBODY love it!

    <3
    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your artwork, it is so creative! Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is SO, SO cute! I always love when you post your artwork. I didn't know that Kristian is using your illustrations as cake toppers! That is the sweetest idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your artwork is so lovely! I absolutely adore your style.
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing artwork and so awesome you're getting comissioned for it!! I absolutely love every one and am so happy to see you getting more recognition! do you paint it w/ watercolors 1st then scan or is it digital? i've always wondered that? or does it depend?
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do most of my work in watercolor, the only digital part is the words usually! The brooches are full on digital, though!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Everyone wants your work girl! I mean, who wouldn't? That is so cool that you got to make the cake toppers for Kristian's wedding! I can't wait to see them on her cake! I love the life of hurrah header with the cute doggy :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!! You really should up your prices girl. Kinda makes me shake my head sometimes at the INSANE deals these lucky people are getting from you. Get paid, lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know! Sometimes I feel guilty about it, because I don't want to devalue my work, or make people think that all art is worth so little! I promised myself I'd up the prices once the etsy listings ran out, though!

      Delete
  8. All of these are so cute! And my, but people are buying your work for all sorts of things, aren't they? As much as I enjoyed your prices, I agree with Michelle. Your work is amazing and I'd still pay at a higher price :)

    PS We are actually going to use the illustrations a few places in the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're terribly good at drawing!

    ReplyDelete