Friday, June 7, 2013

Favorite


This has got to be my favorite ever dress. Some of you might be saying "Rachel it is a normal blue dress chill," but that just means you don't understand! It's so simple and classic and summery with the perfect details; seersucker material, a high neckline and buttons down the back (which I didn't photograph for some reason?)
It's a good thing I like it so much, though, since it's probably the single most expensive thing in my closet. I got it from American Apparel.




Unfortunately, American Apparel items seem to run a bit small, at least in my experience, and I had to send this one back. I'm waiting for my size large now! It's pretty unfair that cool clothing stores don't sell bigger sizes, though. As someone who knows the joy a simple blue dress can bring, I really think girls of all sizes should be able to dress their best.


I took these pictures with Travis at the (state) capitol building. I haven't taken photos here since it was warm last, and we've restarted our tradition of eating a cheapo cheese pizza in the capitol park. Like a picnic, but less healthy!


As I have been whining about, I have a lot of things going on in my life right now. Which is good, I like being busy. One of them is a new laptop. Normally this wouldn't be a big change, but have any of you guys used Windows 8? It makes me feel like an old person! I've finally gotten the hang of it, but I went and left my charger over at Travis's, so I used my old computer (sticky keys and all) this week!




dress: American Apparel
shoes, bag: thrifted
floral crown: handmade


7 comments:

  1. He power of a really perfect basic item should never be overlooked! You look great so too bad it had to be returned. I did not realize American apparel did not sell larger sizes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! It looks so comfortable. I haven't been to the state house in quite a while, and I live like 25 minutes away! I used to love running there, around the pathways and then dying going up and down the stairs. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love that you used to run there and I used to eat pizza there.

      Delete
  3. I love that dress on you, and it looks lovely with those sandals and the floral crown! So pretty.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I know right! It was during the Memorial day 20% off sale, and my Mom chipped in $20. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so simple and cute! It looks perfect on you!

    xoxo
    Bethany
    The Style Hippie

    ReplyDelete