Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Made A Dress: Dinosaur Edition


I swear I found like one picture of me smiling in this whole shoot (and I didn't even include it here)! I think I was pissed off about something. Grumbly grumbling to myself like "These pictures aren't gonna turn out good ugh ugh UGH."  But they turned out okay in the end.



I've been collecting sheets from Goodwill to turn into dresses for my senior thesis (and for myself really) and when I found this one it opened up a whole other world for me! KIDS bedsheets. I almost bought a spongebob one.


I feel like I keep sewing and sewing and I'm not getting any better at it. My Mom told me I have to slow down. Story of my life. I've got a bit of a reputation around school for being the fastest worker. It kind of pisses people off because I'm always finished hours ahead of everyone. But it really can come back to bite me, this impatience! I'm going to try making another over the course of the weekend and really try and slow the hell down. I made this one in, what, 4 hours?



Right now I'm feeling like I want to get off my butt and do amazing creative things, but I'm just so tired. Don'tcha hate that! Travis has been in Italy for 2 weeks now and I miss him a lot! We can only skype every so often because of limited internet access where he's staying. I'm ready to snuggle with him again!

dress: handmade by me
brooch: handmade by me, available here
necklace: handmade by me
shoes: BAIT


I also re dyed my hair! Not with the bright stuff yet, just the red base. This auburn is nice and vibrant, though, not like the last one I used!



Follow me on facebook and bloglovin!

14 comments:

  1. omg that print is SO cute! I am jealous of your sewing skills!! That last picture of you is adorable.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! It looks lovely <3 Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so cute! You make me wanna learn how to sew.

    hall-of-randomness.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty dress ,I like the shoes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this dress! i'm just learning to sew but i already have a list of things i want to make. my first skirt was made from a vintage sheet— the patterns are so cool and you can't beat the price for "yardage" . . . i especially like using sheets since i don't want to mess up any more expensive material.

    i totally hear ya on never having enough time + being too tired. i feel like i have these brilliant ideas for things to make but then all my energy goes into work stuff blah blah blah. finding balance is hard but it looks like you are still making really awesome pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm just learning too! But seriously, vintage sheets all the way.
      I'm trying to come to terms with a potential 8-5 work day for the rest of my life and it's depressing as hell.

      Delete
  6. This dress is SO cute and the print is totally you. You did a beautiful job. And dontcha know smiling is not allowed on fashion blogs? Just kidding! My boyfriend has to tell me jokes to get me laugh. It's just so awkward. Anyways, you don't look grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha whenever I look down all pensive like, Travis calls it the "fashion blogger pose".

      Delete
  7. I have no words for how amazing this fabric is. jflaskjfldkjal!

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg AMAZING dress!

    Francesca xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete

  9. Ooh I want to sew dresses so badly! This one looks so CUTE! Dinosaur dress is just TOO COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. waaa love this! I'm so impressed you can just whip up whatever you like. how great! that print is uhmazing. I wish I was more handy with a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you're so talented, I can't believe you made everything by yourself, in such a creative way! That dress is so funky and easy to match, I love it!!

    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute (and environmentally friendly) idea for a dresses. I was the same way with sewing- always going to quick and having to do the work over. Guess that's where the stitch in time phrase comes from. But this is a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete