Thursday, June 13, 2013

Umbrella Girl


 You wouldn't know it from these photos, but 15 minutes before I took them I was huddled in the copy room at work under a tornado warning! Since I live in the foothills, tornadoes aren't something I usually have to worry about. But in light of the recent Oklahoma tragedy, when people's phones started beeping and saying take shelter, everyone was like SHIT hit the deck!



 It was super rainy all morning, so I had originally brought the umbrella to stay dry instead of shady. But I wanted to show it off anyway, it's so cute and ruffly! I went into Target with the express intent of getting a bubble umbrella. And then I didn't.



I am pretty jazzed about this shirt. I lent out my favorite lace shirt to Flock Together, but the stupid USPS lost it. I was a little heartbroken. I went to Forever 21 for a replacement and was really in awe of the number of frickin lace shirts that place had. I went to the dressing room with 8 on my arm!
Pretty much a wardrobe staple, you can throw one on over anything and feel a little more ladylike.


I always kind of like pictures where I'm staring dumbly at the camera?


I "aww"ed at this necklace in Old Navy, and my way-too-sweet mom and sister went back and got it for me. According to Emma, it was supposed to be a birthday surprise (but I guess Mom didn't get the memo).


I'm trying to get used to Travis being in Italy, but it's kind of lame. I am really looking forward to having these next couple of weekends free, though! I've been itching to get sewing for a while now.

dress: handmade
shirt: forever 21
shoes: yeswalker
umbrella: target
necklace: old navy
swag: born with it

9 comments:

  1. I can tell these were taken on a stormy day - the light is so surreal, and it works really well with the outfit. I especially love the first and third shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek you look so lovely! That umbrella is perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing,as usual! I love that gif, and those shoes are amaze-balls!! Also, you just ooze swag haha

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that polka dot dress, and the turtle necklace is so cute! I love yeswalker's cute flats, too. Lovely umbrella! I'm in the market for a white lace parasol, I think. :) Adorable as always!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. QT!! looove the turtle necklace, and glad you didn't get hit by a tornado!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are so so cute! And that umbrella! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boyfriend is going to Italy this next week! Rome, actually. That would be funny if they bumped into each other (if Travis' going to Rome).

    You look very cute & I love the umbrella by the way!

    xoxo
    Bethany
    The Style Hippie

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAH I seriously hate USPS. It makes sending out orders on Etsy so nerve wracking knowing they can be so unreliable. Anyway, love the new lacey shirt and those bow shoes are adorable!
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the parsol! I have been looking for something suitably Victorian-esque along those lines for a while, but I am afraid of ordering something so delicate off the internet. Also I love the little cute turtle necklace!
    Just found you via Flock Together and I love your blog, so will be following now. :)

    ReplyDelete