Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Boston, Part 1

Here are my photos from my trip to Boston!
I'm glad to be back at home, of course. I was in Boston for Readercon, a scifi convention. It was interesting to hear all the talks, but sitting in a room listening to intellectual panelists ALL day long isn't my cup of tea. I left to go shopping a couple of times, and I got some cool stuff at the (huge) mall!



We drove through some seriously beautiful country. I love driving (maybe not for 12 hours straight) but I didn't get as many good shots as I'd have liked. 

I pulled over on the side of the interstate in VA to get some pictures of the Shenandoah Valley, and about 3 minutes later a cop pulls up behind me! He comes up to my window, and when I tell him what I was doing he puts on his most condescending voice and says, "You pulled over on the side of the road. To take a picture." He actually ticketed me, too! I don't know guys, that's not illegal in SC, and I really feel like he should have been nicer to me. I've got no record and I was obvi from out of state. It's not like I was up to no good! Worst part of the story: I didn't even get my pictures. Let that be a lesson to you guys!! Wait and pull over at an exit.



We stayed the night in DC where we have some family and friends. I lived in the area until I was 6, did you know that?




My travel outfit...


And Dad's.



Driving was like, 60% of our trip. And of that 60%, 100% was traffic jams.


I have some more pictures from the trip scheduled for you soon!

1 comment:

  1. It is weird that you got ticketed for pulling over. Maybe they only want you to do that if you have auto troubles?

    Glad you had a good(ish?) time.

    ReplyDelete