Thursday, June 5, 2014

Italy: Milan


I went with Travis and his Mom to Milan for the weekend!

I wish I could say it was a wonderful whirlwind of a trip, but it was actually kind of disappointing. Mostly as bad luck and bad planning. However, it was still a beautiful city! The Cathedral was the best part, because OMG. The most ornate, beautiful church with all these spires and sculptures and stained glass. We went inside and it seemed even bigger in there. They were having mass and this choir was singing, and it felt magical and sacred.



After the Cathedral we walked around to a few shops. I only found one I liked, and planned to come back to it for this pretty handmade dress. By the time we swung back around the shop was closed. If we had been able to read the sign on the door, we would have known that it said "Be right back!" But unfortunately I missed out on it.

The next day was supposed to be full of vintage and second-hand shopping! I started the day so pumped, but it was Sunday, and literally all the shops on my list were closed. All I could do was look through the bars at dark rooms full of pretty clothes. It was a major disappointment to say the least, and I left the shopping capitol of Italy with all my money still in my pocket.

We did get to walk around the city and enjoy the beautiful weather and pretty sights, though! It's a pretty place, and I'll know to plan my shopping excursions on weekdays in the future.




This mosaic bull is missing it's family jewels because it's a tradition to spin around on them with your right heel for good luck! I did.




Milan was the last of the big cities I visited!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. Seems like despite some bad planning you enjoyed the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the shopping, but loving the lucky bull with no balls!

    ReplyDelete