Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunshine


If I was a bright spot the other day, today I'm the freaking sun!

I made this dress a few months ago using Annika's tutorial to line it. I don't think I did a super de duper job, but I like it enough to wear it in public, and I'll never go back to unlined dresses, lining works so much better! It has been pretty rainy here lately, people have even been complaining that it's cold (which is crazy imo).

The store I work at hasn't opened yet, we're just buying people's used clothes right now, and I'm really ready for us to have our opening, if only to buy the dresses I've picked out! I'll probably spend about half of my paycheck there :p

I





We took these photos in like 10 minutes because the mosquitoes were eating us alive.

Dress, Bee Pin: Handmade by Me
Hairbow: Etsy
Shoes, Bag: Thrifted

7 comments:

  1. Love the bee pin with this, and the dress is such a pretty color & print. Awesome job, I wish I had the patience for sewing - I've tried! :)

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a fun dress- I like that it has a bi of a sixties vibe with the print and color but you keep it modern by keeping it simple and pairing it with brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this dress! Yellow is my favorite color, this dress speaks to me O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great dress! I think you did a splendid job on making it! Love the print and color!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty lady!
    Love your style and THAT umbrella :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photos pop so well. You made the dress? I love the fabric! It pops so well from the background of green! :)

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw you did a great job making this adorable yellow dress! This print is so cheerful! I love the little headband you wore with it and that umbrella is super pretty too.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete